Apparently, when you too lazy to cook you tend to cook some healthy food. Healthy meaning less oil, less salt but more on fiber and protein. Here’s a quick recipe that I usually cook when I’m short on time.
- Brocolli (clean and sliced to even size)
- Cauliflower (clean and sliced to even size)
- Green beans (clean and sliced to even size)
- Carrots (clean and sliced to even size)
- 3 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1 or 2 corn cob (optional)
- 2 medium size potato
- 1 or 2 medium size sweet potato (optional)
- 3 to 4 slice of Salmon (with or without scale)
Now for the cooking process.
- Clean and cut all ingredients to same portion then place them inside the steam tray.
- Using a steamer, boil at least 1 liter of water and then place steam tray with the veggies on top of the boiling water.
- Cover it and wait to cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Once cooked, add a pinch of salt and pepper for taste.
- This part is optional;
- Crush and chop 3 cloves of garlic, using olive oil, fry the galic until golden brown.
- Turn off the heat and apply a small amount of salt and then drizzle the olive oil and frie garlic on the cooked veggies.
- Marinate the Salmon with a small amount of salt and pepper. Then set aside.
- Wash and clean the potatoes, sweet potatoes and corn. You can cook both the potatoes and sweet potatoes with the skin, just make sure you clean it properly.
- Remove the corn hair and husks if you will cook it with the potatoes and sweet potatoes in the baking pan, if not you can keep the husk and hair.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil or any vegetable oil on the baking pan then place the Salmon, chopped potatoes, sweet potatoes and corn.
- Preheat your oven at 200° for 5 minutes, then place the baking pan with the ingredients in the oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- You can cover the pan with an aluminum foil for the first 15 minutes to keep the moisture in and then remove the foil the rest of the way.
Once cooked, you can serve with the steamed veggies with or without rice/bread. The whole procedure only took me 30 minutes including the preparation of the ingredients.